Sweet Potato Hash with Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese & Bacon
Made with Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
Breakfast needs to be fast, efficient but most importantly memorable. Using cheap ingredients supported by a chosen Kikorangi hero showcase that you can achieve a little slice of luxury everyday whilst still maintaining a sense of restraint.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 x medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp Anchor Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ½ oz Sugar
- 10 oz Water
- 3 ½ oz Streaky bacon (chopped and cooked until crisp)
- 8 ½ oz Sour cream
- 1 tsp Pear and Fig Relish
- Olive oil
- 5 ½ oz Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- Baby Cress
- Par cook potatoes and kumara skin on, allow to cool and grate into a bowl, add half of the melted butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- For the praline, add the sugar, water to a pan on a medium heat. Whilst waiting for the caramel, line a tray with baking paper.
- Pour the caramel over the tray and sprinkle with salt and crispy bacon bits, once hard roughly blitz to form a gold dust.
- Blend together sour cream and the pear and fig relish with a drizzle of olive oil and leave to the side.
- Heat a heavy based pan and add a little olive oil and a little butter, take small handfuls of the hash and form patties.
- Pan fry on a low to medium heat and flip when golden and crispy.
- Serve with a spoonful of the flavoured sour cream, crumbled Kāpiti Kirorangi Blue Cheese and bacon bits.