- 125g Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese
- 300g broccoli once cooked and prepared, approx
- 1 heaped cup 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 Tbsp panko crumbs
- 60g flour, approx. 2 heaped Tbsp
- 300ml Anchor Milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 juice of lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Coat six ramekins with a generous amount of soft butter and line the inside of each ramekin with a coating of panko crumbs, covering the butter.
- Place all dishes on a baking tray.
- Boil broccoli in hot water until just soft. Remove, drain and cool.
- Place into a food processor and blitz until fine.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and whisk for one minute, adjusting the heat to prevent the mixture from getting too dark.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in 75g of Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese and leave to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, combine the egg yolks and prepared broccoli to the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice to the egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the whipped whites into the cheesy broccoli mixture until completely combined.
- Fill each ramekin 2/3 with the mixture.
- Gently tap the ramekin on a bench to release any large air bubbles.
- Drop a large chunk of Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese into the middle of each.
- Bake at 180°C until puffed, with a lovely golden brown top. Approx. 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like
Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese, Cauliflower & Pomegranate Salad
A crowd stopping cauliflower salad, erupting with pomegranate seeds and our alluring Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese.
Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese & Broccoli Wontons
Small, delectable bites bursting with our distinctive Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese.