Smoked Mushroom & Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese Burger with Salsa Verde
Made with Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
Being vegetarian is becoming very exciting, it's becoming less vegetarian and more, well just, good food! The earthy mushrooms and the fresh salsa turn this burger into something not only delicious but leaves meat clean forgotten!
- Grill burger buns
- Yoghurt with chopped chives
- Whole peeled portobello mushrooms combined with the chopped peelings and some chopped smoked mushrooms (we used Aromatics brand)
- Place on a baking tray and brush with butter, olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic and slow cook to bring out the juices and flavour
- Lyonnaise potatoes- Potato slices cooked until half done in veggie stock, finished in the pan with salt & pepper and butter
- Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese (slices)
- Salsa verde
- Pear chutney
- Spread grilled buns with a little of the yoghurt mixture.
- Top with whole mushrooms and then the chopped mushrooms.
- Pile on the potatoes then more sauce and slices of blue cheese.
- Finish with microgreens, a spoon of salsa verde and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Serve with chutney on the side.