Banana bread, Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese & Apple Butter
Made with Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
The perfect balance between sweet and savoury, the ripeness from the bananas help the Kikorangi shine in its true glory giving you a beautiful afternoon tea experience.
- .550 lbs Anchor Unsalted butter
- 2 red apples diced (skin on)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 4/5 oz brown sugar
- Melt the Anchor Unsalted Butter in a heavy based saucepan on a low to medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted add the diced apples, cinnamon, sugar and salt and continue to cook for 5 minutes until apples are soft and the butter has started to darken slightly.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 2 minutes as the butter will be too hot to blend.
- Once cooled enough add the liquid and apples to a food blender and blend until really smooth, empty the contents into a small container and allow to cool at room temperature until a soft butter sets, this should take about 2 hours
- Take this soft apple butter and spoon into a large bowl, using a whisk, whisk thoroughly until light and fluffy and ready to serve.
- Use the Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese and spread a little on the end of your 'fresh out of the oven banana bread' to create a warm, satisfying and unique blue cheese experience.