Crispy Fried Cauliflower, Caper Labneh & Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese
Made with Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
nspired by the popularity of southern style creole foods. With smokiness of the pears along with the salty capers, cream blue cheese and finished with the sweetness of the honey really helps to achieve and balance yet exciting offer for both vegetarian and man-eaters alike.
1 or 2 shared
- Spice flour
- 3 ½ oz Maize corn flour
- 3 ½ oz Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Hot paprika
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 6ea Medium florets of white, Purple and green Cauli, blanched
- 1 oz Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese
- ¾ oz Honeycomb
- 1 tsp Manuka honey, warmed
- ½ Smoked poached pear, cut into 4 pieces
- 6ea Cauliflower florets
- 1 tbls Caper labneh
Crispy spiced Cauliflower
- Mix spices and flours together and season with salt and pepper. Dust cauliflower in the flour mix and deep fry at 338-355F until golden brown and crispy.
- Grill poached pear pieces.
- Smear caper labneh on the base of the dish.
- Top labneh with crispy cauliflower and pear.
- Break Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese and honeycomb over the cauliflower.
- Drizzle with warm honey