Quattro Fromagio Calzone
Made with Kāpiti Kikorangi Cheese
Using a calzone instead of a pizza base allows something very special to happen, inside the hot pocket of freshly puffed pizza dough a Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese fondue bubbles away and a cheese celebration begins, this is your new life!
- 1 recipe basic dough divided into 6
- Garlic infused oil for brushing
- 4 ½ oz Anchor Food Professionals Cream Cheese, softened
- 9 oz Kāpiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese, cubed
- 4 ½ oz Anchor Food Professionals Mozzarella
- 3 ½ g green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 6 tlbs shredded parmesan
- Heat the oven to 392 F.
- Divide into 6 even pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Flatten with your hand then roll each piece into an oval about 4-5mm thick.
- In a bowl, mix together the blue cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella, olives and thyme.
- Place about 1/6 of a cup of the cheese mix in the centre of each dough oval.
- Fold each oval in half and press the edges together with your fingertips. Crimp the edges so none of the filling can spill out.
- Place the calzone side by side on a floured baking sheet, (use 2 if needed). Brush the tops with the remaining garlic-infused oil and scatter each with the parmesan.
- Cook for 15- 20 minutes until the dough is puffed up and golden on top. Serve hot with pickle and salad.